With the start of the new year, here are my thoughts on software technology trends for 2015. In the coming weeks I will write insights on each trend in individual posts.
2015 Software Trends (in no particular order):
- APIs (API Economy ): Already popular in the consumer facing space, it will disrupt the established Enterprises, forcing significant software re-architecting.
- Node.js: Even-driven non-blocking scalable Platform, ready for take-off.
- Apple Watch: Expected in spring 2015, will dominate the emerging wearables market.
- Swift Programming Language: Apple’s proprietary language together with the new iOS8 APIs will spearhead new generation of innovative mobile apps.
- Enterprise Mobile Apps: Perfect storm; new Enterprise APIs + iOS8/Swift/Xcode + Android 5.0/Android Studio = explosion of custom workforce mobile apps.
- Beacons: Business / venues will leverage new ways to communicate with customers / attendees in indoor environments.
- Containers: Think Docker…
- Reggae Music